House Baseball teams have been formed and indoor practices are starting. If you have not been contacted by your coach, please email the League.
Online Registration for the 2018 season is live. If you have not registered for the upcoming baseball season, please register by February 25th to guarantee your child's placement. Registrations received after February 25th will be on a first come first serve basis and based on availability in each Division.
To register online, click here => Registration. If you have any questions or experience any issues with registering online, please email the league.
Online registrations will remain open until the league reaches the maximum number of registrations in Tball, IPM, PM, Fed, Majors, and Seniors. Once the maximum number of registrations is reached in a division, that age group will be closed. LDB will place late registrations on a waiting list and if there is enough players, another team will be added. **WALK-IN REGISTRATION IS CLOSED, BUT ONLINE REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN.**
New 2018 USA Bat Rule for HOUSE players:
Effective January 1st, 2018, Lancaster Depew Baseball will be adhering to the new USABat standard set-forth by USA Baseball, which is the national governing body for the sport of baseball in the United States. How this affects players, parents, and league for the upcoming 2018 season is as follows:
- USABat Standard will create wood-like performance in youth bats while allowing younger players to use light-weight bats that could not be achieved with wood bats. USABat will not have a drop weight limit
- Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken, Dixie, Little League, and other organizations will all be affected by the USABat rule change.
- The new USABat standard will be in effect for LDB’s House Baseball program (ages 4-12). LDB to provide new USABat in each team’s equipment bag. Seniors and Big League not affected. LDB Travel teams can use either the new USABat or last year’s bat for the upcoming season to assist all teams across the WNY travel baseball community to transition over to the new standard.
- Leagues adopting USABat rule change will also then allow players to use a bat with either a 2 1/4 inch or 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, as long as it bears the new USABat stamp.
- Below is what the USA Baseball logos will look like. Bats not meeting the USABat standard in PM, Federal, Majors will NOT be permitted to be used in any League game, practice or other League function, event, or activity.
INFORMATION / FAQ'S / APPROVED BATS
Click HERE for our full Calendar of Events.
MARCH 21, 28 (Wednesdays) - Spring Training Pitching Program. Pitching and throwing instruction. Open to registered House and Travel 9 & 10 yr olds playing first year Federal League. 9 year olds 5pm-6pm, 10 year olds 6pm-7pm. REGISTER / INFORMATION
MARCH 25 (Sunday) - Lancaster High School Baseball Clinic. 2pm-4pm at the Westwood Indoor Facility. Open to players in 4th-8th grade. Fundamentals of hitting, infield & outfield play, base running & sliding. REGISTER / INFORMATION
APRIL 10 (Tuesday) - House Managers Equipment Pick-Up. 6pm-9pm at the indoor Facility.
MAY 5 (Saturday) - House Baseball Opening Day. 8am at Westwood Park. Come out for our Opening Day Ceremonies. With special guests from the Town, LHS baseball players, LDB scholarship winners and many others.